Starting a new PTA
A PTA is an excellent way to bring together parents, teachers and your local community to raise money and to support the school. It provides an opportunity for everyone to work together towards a common goal. All parents, teachers and school staff can get involved even if they only have a small amount of time available. Whatever type of association you decide to form, your school will benefit from the additional funds it will raise and the increased opportunity for parents to be more involved in school life.
At PTA UK we provide full step-by-step support for schools and parents thinking of setting up a new PTA. You can speak to one of our regional advisers or request our Start-up information. If you do decide to join PTA UK, we offer specially-reduced membership fees for new PTAs or those that have just started up in the last 12 months.
What does a PTA do?
PTA activity varies from school to school. The wider the range, the more chance you have of involving more people. A PTA can:
- raise funds to help the school provide resources and extras for the pupil
- run social events for parents and children
- provide support for school trips and outings and other special events
- run after-school clubs for sport, music or drama
- organise meetings to inform parents about education issues, especially when changes are taking place
The wider the range of activities, the more chance you have of getting people involved.