We want to work with the next Welsh Government and other partners to:
- Establish a parent body in every school in Wales starting with targeting those in programmes such as Schools Challenge Cymru or counties with lowest numbers of existing PTAs, with a view to making this a statutory requirement within five years if parent bodies are not established voluntarily.
- Ensure the parent voice is heard at national, regional and local level – particularly as the new curriculum is developed and rolled out. PTA CYMRU will seek to inform and work with various government departments on projects, campaigns, policy and research.
- Actively promote the new family and community engagement toolkit for schools as a way to make schools community assets and contribute to the cultural, sporting and educational life of children, families and communities.
- Ensure that Estyn inspections value and include the school’s success in engaging parents and consider parent bodies and schools as whole community assets.
- Apply government funding to running a pilot project to introduce better parental participation in schools where this is not the norm, as we have done successfully with the Department of Social Development in Northern Ireland.
Read our manifesto in full here in Welsh.
Read our manifesto in full here in English.
If you wish to work with PTA Cymru on this please contact us: email@example.com.