• Sovereign play

PTA Fundraising


An introduction to event licencing, what's required and why.

Llangrove Primary School Big Breakfast

It's important that PTAs are aware of legislation that may affect its operation. Depending on your activities you will need to give consideration to which event licences are required and you should allow plenty of time to apply. 

You will need a licence if you are:

  • serving alcohol at your event (free or pay-bar)
  • selling raffle tickets in advance of the event
  • have live or recorded music at your event 
  • showing a film 

Here at PTA-UK we've taken a look at the licencing requirements and have produced a number of PTA Info sheets that take you through the various requirements. If you are unsure you can call the PTA-UK Advice Line on 0300 123 5460 for further clarification or contact the licencing officer at your local authority (England and Wales) or Education Library Board (Northern Ireland).

Don't take any risks - check which licences you need and don't fall foul of the law.    

This information sheet is a benefit of PTA-UK membership. It is published by PTA-UK for its members. Content in whole or in part may not be produced without the express written permission of PTA-UK. For information please contact PTA-UK on info@pta.org.uk. PTA-UK has made every effort to ensure the content is accurate and correct at the time of publication but some details may be subject to change without notice. PTA-UK will not therefore be held responsible for loss or other liability that may result from actions or decisions taken by a PTA / member, based on the advice given.

39 Shipbourne Road, Tonbridge, Kent, TN10 3DS t | 0300 123 5460 e | info@pta.org.uk www.pta.org.uk