We can help you start a PTA
A PTA is an excellent way to bring together parents, teachers and your local community to raise money and to support the school.
It provides an opportunity for everyone to work together towards a common goal. All parents, teachers and school staff can get involved even if they only have a small amount of time available. Whatever type of association you decide to form, your school will benefit from the additional funds it will raise and the increased opportunity for parents to be more involved in school life.
What does a PTA do?
PTA activity varies from school to school. The wider the range, the more chance you have of involving more people. A PTA can:
- raise funds to help the school provide resources and extras for the pupils
- run social events for parents and children
- provide support for school trips and outings and other special events
- run after-school clubs for sport, music or drama
- organise meetings to inform parents about education issues, especially when changes are taking place
So, if your school is thinking of starting a PTA you can request our comprehensive Start-Up guide, which will take you through the process. Contact us with your name, personal email address and telephone number and the name and full address of your PTA/School. We will also put you in touch with your local PTA-UK Adviser who will be on hand to take your questions and give you the support you need to get a PTA started.
Last year PTA-UK helped over 200 schools set up an association; read all about our new PTA of the Year 2013, to help and inspire you.