Be School Ready, My First Day at School drawing competition 2017 – Terms and Conditions
By entering the My First Day at School drawing competition promoted in the PTA UK Be School Ready magazine, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions:
How to enter
- The competition is only open to pupils starting reception class in September 2017 at PTA UK member schools and excludes children of employees of the promoter and all those professionally associated with this promotion.
- Entries must be received by Friday 29th September 2017.
- The winner will be announced on the PTA UK Facebook page (pta.org.uk/facebook) by Friday 6th October 2017.
- We will put some of the drawings online. By entering you give us your permission to use your child’s drawing online.
- You must complete your contact and school details to be entered into the competition.
- Please send your entry to: Drawing Competition, PTA UK, 39 Shipbourne Road, Tonbridge, Kent TN10 3DS.
- The Promoter reserves the right to remove or disqualify any entry that it deems to be inappropriate or in breach of these terms and conditions.
- Neither the Promoter nor its agencies will be responsible for the non-inclusion of entries as a result of technical failures or otherwise, including any such failure which is within the control of the Promoter or its agencies. Proof of submission of entry is not proof of receipt of entry.
- Within one week of the closing date, ten winners will be selected from all of the entries received.
- Each winner will be contacted by email and/or telephone within one week of the draw taking place. The Promoter’s decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Reasonable efforts will be made to contact the winners by email and telephone. If a winner cannot be contacted or successful contact is not made within one week of the closing date of the draw, the Promoter reserves the right to select a new winner (without liability to the original winner).
- The Winner must be resident in England, Wales or Northern Ireland.
- Please allow up to 28 days for delivery of a prize.
- Winners' names and county will be available on www.pta.org.uk once the winners have been notified.
The 10 Golden Scoot Safe rules from Micro Scooters
- Always wear a helmet when scooting.
- Use your brake to stop/slow down.
- Don’t scoot off, either wait for your mum/dad to catch up or scoot back to them.
- Always get off your scooter when you cross the road.
- Be courteous to other pavement users. Move over to allow them space, or stop if there’s not enough room for you both to pass.
- Always listen out for cars as they could be reserving out their driveway.
- Look out for changes of pavement surfaces, these can cause you to go faster/slower than expected.
- Keep away from the edge of the pavement, scoot on the inside of the pavement away from the road.
- Be careful scooting after it has been raining, especially over manhole covers as they will be very slippery.
- Ensure you wear bright clothing, or reflective jackets, and put a light on your scooter so you can be seen.