This sets out in full how Parent Teacher Associations UK (PTA UK) collects and uses your information.
- Our commitment
- Data security
- How we collect your data
- What we collect
- Information about other people
- Who has access to your data
- My Account
- What your information is used for
- Unsubscribing and controlling the use of your data
- Updating your data
- Links to other websites
- Images, videos and media
- Further information
1. Our commitment:
This privacy notice sets out how Parent Teacher Associations UK (PTA UK) uses and protects any information that you provide to us.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide information by which you can be identified (personal data and sensitive personal data), you can be assured that it will be used only in accordance with this privacy notice. Please read and ensure that you have understood the terms of this privacy notice carefully.
PTA UK ensures that all our employees understand the importance of your privacy as part of our induction process. All employees responsible for the collection, management and use of your data understand and work in accordance with this privacy notice.
2. Data Security:
In addition to our commitment, your privacy is also protected by law. The Data Protection Act 1998 requires that we follow strict security procedures in the storage and disclosure of your data to prevent unauthorised access.
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. We would advise that you revisit this page occasionally to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
This policy was last reviewed in July 2015. It will be reviewed annually. It is next due to be reviewed in July 2016.
4. How we collect your data:
This statement covers any data we collect about you across all PTA UK’s services. This includes but is not limited to:
- Your use of the PTA UK website
- Your use of the MyAccount space on the PTA UK website
- Signing-up to receive our emails, digital newsletters, online magazines and any other electronic communications
- Providing contact details on membership or joining forms or via our advice line service
- Information you provide through social media
- Information you provide through surveys.
5. What we collect:
We may collect the following information:
- Your name and PTA committee job/role title
- Email addresses, school/home addresses, telephone numbers and social media profiles
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- Information relevant to research surveys and/or offers
- Information about the ages of your children so we can offer you appropriate and relevant support
- Other information which enables us to operate the service effectively for all parties.
6. Information about other people:
If you enter information that relates to another person or organisation you are responsible for ensuring that you have the authority and their permission to do so. Any information relating to children requires the permission of their parent/carer/guardian.
7. Who has access to your data:
The personal data that you provide is collected and processed by us. PTA UK has a data protection registration number Z7125937. You can view this notification here.
To provide you with member services and benefits, we work with external organisations (for example, a courier service that distributes PTA UK Welcome Packs). Any data transferred is only used under contract, specifying it be destroyed after use, and ownership is not given to the external organisation.
We will not share or sell your data to any third party (where they gain ownership of your data) except where you have consented in advance to us doing so or where required by law.
To support your PTA to work more effectively, we will support you to share your data with other members of your association (for example, contact information including your name, PTA position and email address).
When this service is available, you will need to give your permission to share your data by accessing the account settings in your MyAccount space. All new accounts are set-up so that your data is not shared and this can only happen after your permission has been given.
9. What your information is used for:
Your information is only used for providing you with our member services and benefits and/or from time to time other services that you may request from us.
We use your data to provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping and administration
- To improve our products and services
- To send you regular newsletters and other online publications
- To send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting, to contact you for research including market research purposes and to understand your views on a range of education and parent related issues
- We may contact you by email, phone, fax or mail
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests
- If we believe that the site has been misused, which may include the posting or sending of offensive or other inappropriate content, or inappropriate behaviour, we may use your personal information to stop such behaviour
- If we reasonably believe that the laws of England, Wales, Northern Ireland or Scotland have been breached, we may use your personal information to inform relevant third parties.
We may run voluntary online surveys which may ask you for contact and demographic details (e.g. age). We use this information for analysis, to create research reports, anonymous usage and interest profiles. PTA UK conducts all market research in accordance with the standard code of conduct: your answers remain strictly anonymous, your identity will not be disclosed to any third party and your can withdraw your data at any time. Individual responses will not be published.
We may use your contact details to send you information regarding any developments that we believe may be of interest to you.
10. Unsubscribing and controlling the use of your data:
As required by law, we will give you the opportunity to unsubscribe from our services at all points that your information is used. This will include options to unsubscribe from the specific services you no longer wish to use whilst continuing to use and receive others.
Additionally, you can opt-out of receiving our communications or accessing our services at any time by writing to or emailing us at the addresses given below.
Unsubscribing from PTA UK’s services will not affect your membership or prevent you accessing all the member benefits available from PTA UK in the future. However, unsubscribing may prevent you from fully benefiting from your PTA UK membership.
11. Updating your data:
If you believe that any information we are holding about you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible, at the addresses given below. We will promptly correct any errors.
Alternatively, when this service is available you may be able to update your contact details in the MyAccount space
on the PTA UK website.
A cookie is a piece of information that is stored on your computer's hard drive by your web browser. It acts as an anonymous identifier when you visit the website and does not contain information from which you can personally be identified. We only use this information to create anonymous usage and interest profiles to improve and develop our website and the services that we offer including personalisation.
The list of cookies on this site is available here.
Cookies may also be contained in advertisements which may be displayed on the website by the advertising partners we work with. We do not have access to any information contained in or generated by these cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but usually you can alter the settings of your browser to prevent automatic acceptance. If you choose not to receive cookies, you may still use many features of our website.
We also use Google Analytics Demographics and Interest Reporting which is based on data from Google Display Advertising. We use aggregate data provided by this service (such as age, gender and interests) to better understand our website audience and adjust our communications appropriately.
If you would like to opt out of Google Demographics and Interest Reporting please change your Google settings here.
Alternatively you can choose to opt out of Google Analytics altogether by downloading an opt-out browser add on here.
13. Links to other websites:
Our website and other communications may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over these websites. We cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting other sites and other sites are not governed by this privacy notice. You should exercise caution and review the privacy notices applicable to any other websites.
14. Images, videos and media:
PTA UK endeavours to get the correct permissions for every image, video, document and audio track used on our website and other communications. Images will be removed at request. Please provide the details of the webpage and your reason for the removal request to email@example.com.
15. Further Information:
We welcome your questions and comments about privacy issues. Should you have any matters you would like to raise with us regarding our data usage practices or the specific use of your data then please contact us:
Phone: 0300 123 5460
Address: PTA UK 39 Shipbourne Road, Tonbridge, Kent, TN10 3DS
You can also report a concern about any organisation’s information rights practice to the Information Commissioner’s Office:
Phone: 0303 123 1113